Prayer for this Project

"Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law." Psalm 119:18

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Lord's Personal Testimony - Isa 41-44

Everyone has a personal testimony, a self-description - even God! The Lord describes Himself in Scripture both directly and indirectly. Indirectly, all the Scripture is describing God because it is from God. We learn much about God’s ways, thoughts, and will through reading the narratives and speeches of the Bible. Directly, God often speaks in Scripture and includes self-descriptions. These are called Divine Disclosures. highly intense self-revelations! When God describes Himself to us, we are given the opportunity to look upon the God who is often hidden in His glory. God’s personal testimonies in the Bible are the things we absolutely know to be true about God! We see Him when He describes Himself to us! One of those is found in Isaiah 43:10-13. (interpretations enclosed in parentheses)

“You are My witnesses, declares the Lord, and My servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe Me and understand that I am He. (the purpose of election is faith!) Before Me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after Me. (there is only one true God) I, I am the Lord, and besides Me there is no savior. (the Lord is our only hope) I declared and saved and proclaimed when there was no strange god among you . . . there is none who can deliver from My hand; I work, and who can turn it back?”

God describes Himself as THE God, THE Lord. Salvation is totally from Him, initiated by Him, and preformed by Him. He issues forth a challenge for any to overpower or overcome Him, and His challenge remains unanswered! The Lord is all-powerful, all-glorious, and gracious to save, and He knows it! Now, because of His divine self-disclosure, His personal testimony, we know it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis