Prayer for this Project

"Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law." Psalm 119:18

Friday, November 26, 2010

The Lord Has Declared It - That Settles It - Zech 13-14

Zechariah 13:9 “And I will put this third into the fire, and refine them as one refines silver, and test them as gold is tested. They will call upon My name, and I will answer them. I will say, ‘They are My people’; and they will say, ‘The Lord is My God.’”

Salvation is God’s idea, not man’s. Salvation is planned by God, not man. Salvation is initiated by God, not man. Salvation is carried through by God, not man. Salvation is perfected by God, not man. Salvation is guaranteed by God, not man. Salvation is safe in God, not man. Salvation is of the Lord, not man!

Notice the Lord did not say, “Maybe they will call upon My name.” No, He said, “They WILL call upon My name.” Neither did He say, “I’m not sure what I’ll do then. It kinda all depends on them.” No, He said, “and I WILL answer them.” He will then declare them to be His people and they will respond by affirming that He is their God. God has declared that salvation will come. That settles it. Period. It will happen!

This is not to say man is totally removed from the process of salvation or that he is totally passive. Man will call upon the Lord. Man will respond to the Lord. And none of this is against man’s will but rather God has moved and the will has changed. The “will” that once refused God now yearns for Him!

This is only saying that after removing layer upon layer of salvation, when you reach bottom, God is there, not man! He is the Author, Accomplisher, and Achiever of our salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis