Prayer for this Project

"Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law." Psalm 119:18

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Maintain Your Integrity, At All Costs! Psalm 25-28

When foes assail you, and if you live for the Lord, they will assail you, the presence or absence of integrity will make or break you! The integrity of the psalms is a fidelity to the Word of God, a willingness to stand upon it, an unwavering trust in it. Integrity in the Word is faithfulness to its Author!

When one determines and desires to be faithful to the Lord, the assaults and attacks will automatically and inevitably come, most from unexpected places. Accusations will fly. Slander and gossip will abound. The integrity of the one who holds fast to his integrity will be called into question. Charge after charge will be leveled. The faithful servant of the Lord will be weighed down at times with heavy opposition. All of the drama, shouts, name-calling, and implications might tear him down were it not for integrity. He knows the accusations are false! He knows in the depths of his heart he is not straying from the Lord or leading others astray. He knows, because he knows the Word, that he is loving his Lord and his neighbor, even though his neighbor denies it. His allegiance to the Word of God stabilizes him in the midst of the upheaval. If he didn’t have this, he would certainly drown.

That, however, is not the chief reason for maintaining one’s integrity at all costs. The primary motivation for maintaining one’s integrity even if it means defamation, loss of job, or persecution is that when one is true to the Lord, he can rest in the Lord’s presence, protection, and provision!

Psalm 26:1,11 “Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked in my integrity, and I have trusted in the Lord without wavering...But as for me, I shall walk in my integrity; redeem me, and be gracious to me.” Keep it at all costs! If you have integrity in His Word, you have Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis