Prayer for this Project

"Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law." Psalm 119:18

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Center of Job's Hope - Job 17-20

In yesterday’s reading we learned that Job possessed an undying hope. In today’s reading what is at the center of Job’s hope that sustains it! “For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another. My heart faints within me!” (19:25-27)

At the core of Job’s hope is Job’s faith! Job knows he has a Redeemer, therefore, Job knows he has been redeemed! Job is a believer. He believes in the God whom he cannot understand but knows is there! This God not only exists, but he redeems; he saves! Job understands he needs a redeemer and that in God, he has redemption!

Also, Job knows that when all is said and done, when life is over, when the world comes to an end, the Lord will stand alive, well, and victorious! The Lord will reign supreme when every other kingdom is cast down. However, that is not all. Job also knows that he will be with God when God brings history to a conclusion and reigns for eternity! He knows this for sure because he knows the Lord for sure!

And even beyond these great assurances of faith, Job declares that the eternal state will unveil an eternal body! Job is sure of two things in the midst of his confusion. He knows he will die, and he knows that because of his Redeemer he will live again forever, body and soul! The center of Job’s hope, the reason why his hope is undying, is because his hope is grounded in his faith! Faith in all that God is for us in Christ! Job’s hope is built on nothing less!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis