Prayer for this Project

"Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law." Psalm 119:18

Saturday, May 8, 2010

All-sufficient Grace - 2 Cor 9-13

“The Lord will never put more on you than you are able to bear!” Have you ever heard that saying? Its meant to convince you that things are not as tough as you imagine them to be. If you just pull it together, you can deal with this situation. God would never overload you. The problem with this thinking is that it is not biblical! In fact, as a believer, God probably WILL overload you! Why would he do such a thing?

We need to be reminded that we are not in control and self-sufficient! We usually walk around in a fantasy world where we are large and in charge and able to overcome anything that comes our way. Occasionally, the Lord will remind us of who is in charge and where the source of strength and victory abides.
God works through overwhelming circumstances to ward off the ever present temptation of pride and self righteousness. We so desire to take some credit. Some pains help us in our fight against our own pride.
Overbearing situations reveal our dependency upon Christ. It is in these times that we are called back to drink again from the Fountain of Life, to return to the true source of satisfaction.
Overbearing situations magnify the Gospel. When the strength to endure is not our strength but the strength that God supplies, then God gets the glory! When grace is confessed to be our only stability, our only help, our only strength, then the Gospel is magnified in our weakness!

2 Cor 12:8-9 – “Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis