Prayer for this Project

"Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law." Psalm 119:18

Monday, December 6, 2010

Desperately Craving God - Psalm 61-64

In absolute desperation for communion and intimacy and fellowship with Almighty God—that seems to be the exact state of David’s heart in Psalm 63. He is yearning, he is longing, and he will not be content until he is in enveloped in His presence. He feels as if he will die unless he knows in a real sense the embrace of the Father. That is his state of mind. How I pray it would be ours as well.

Psalm 63:1 “O God, You are my God; earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh faints for You, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.” How long can you go without water, especially when you realize you are in a dry land with no water and no water in sight. You become frantic, not necessarily because you have no water on hand but that you know a search for water is vain. David compares that state of frantic desperation with his desire for God! “I’m thirsty to the point of losing my mind, and only God can quench it!”

63:2 “So I have looked upon You in the sanctuary, beholding Your power and glory.” David knows the only relief, the only answer, for the cry of his soul is to bask in the glory of God! That is what our souls are craving. Not this world. Not even love and relationships! Our souls crave to gaze upon Him!

63:3-4 “Because Your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise You. So I will bless You as long as I live; in Your name I will lift up my hands.” As far as David is concerned, he would rather have God than life! He wants God more than he wants his next breath! Therefore, he spends in life in worship unto the Lord! May it be the same for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis