Prayer for this Project

"Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law." Psalm 119:18

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Trusting for Direction - Proverbs 1-5

I’ll take care of this. I need to make an informed decision. I have to do something about this right now. I feel like I’m lost. I don’t know which way to go. How did I end up here? Where do I go from here? I’ll never get out of this. What am I going to do with the rest of my life?

These are all reactions to crossroads and chaos. On our own, we make wrong turns down the road of life, choose wrong paths, avoid seen dangers only to fall into unseen pitfalls. We end up at dead ends. We end up in a world of turmoil. Or maybe we just need wisdom for life. Discernment for a decision. Wisdom to make the most excellent choice. Whatever the cause, we need God’s direction but words do not appear written in the sky!

Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make straight your paths.”

Having your paths made straight is music to our ears! It’s the three preceding conditions that trouble us! Trusting the Lord with all of our heart is difficult because we always want to keep a little corner for ourselves. To not lean on our understanding is not easy when our way seems to make so much sense. Keeping God in charge of every detail of life seems too intrusive because we want to do it our way!

The lesson is plain. As long as we keep holding back, the road keeps dead-ending! When we surrender everything to His will, the fog lifts, the sun shines, and the path is made clear. Trust and obey. There really is no other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis