Prayer for this Project

"Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law." Psalm 119:18

Friday, December 24, 2010

You Have Searched Me - Psalm 139-144

Psalm 139:1-6 “O Lord, You have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it.”

You have no secrets hidden from God! That is what the psalm means when it says, “You have searched me and known me!” Nothing is tucked away in the history of your life, the corner of your mind, or the secrecy of times when you are alone that God does not know—fully! He is “acquainted” with all our ways. Whatever we are hiding, trying to cover, deny, suppress, or forget, He knows! He even knows those things we have forgotten!

His knowledge of us goes even deeper. We have no secrets kept from Him, but He knows secrets about us! He not only knows what we’ve done, said, and thought, He knows what we are going to do, say, and think! Furthermore, He knows the “why” behind all of our thoughts and actions. Finally, He knows the where, when, and how of our last action! He knows. He knows it all! This is all overwhelming to fathom. In fact, in agreement with the psalmist, it is too much to fathom.

We have been searched out by God. There is nowhere to run. There is nowhere to hide. Surprisingly, that is actually a good thing! For He created us, is mindful of us, and is for us! Knowing that He knows it all, we don’t have to run from Him any longer. Now we run to Him! Knowing that He knows all, we come before Him longing for Him to search us more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis